Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Better Day

My post yesterday was a little depressing.  Today, I'm going to be happier.  I promise.  To convince myself of that, I decided to start with a short list of things that make me overwhelmingly happy and/or content.  In no particular order...

1.  Snoring puppies.
2.  When my little man says "You wanna cuddle?"
3.  Bacon, tomato and avocado sandwiches.
4.  Beating a level of Angry Birds on the 1st try.  Bonus smiles if I get 3 stars.
5.  Beating my husband at Scrabble.
6.  A day when no bills come in the mail. 
7.  Starting a new roll of stamps. (For the record, I never claimed to be normal.)
8.  The library.
9.  Pink and blue sour gummi worms, red skittles and pink starburst.
10. The electric blanket under my desk (even in May). 
11. Listening to my children pray.

Last night, I was delighted to hear my middle daughter go into great detail about Nelson Mandela to her older sister.  I happened to have his autobiography on my shelf waiting to be read so I asked her if she would like to read it.  Then I decided I should read it to her.  It's a daunting task.  The book is 600+ pages of small print, narrow margins, and many names I can't pronounce.  We started reading it last night and it reads very well and is very descriptive.  My Hannah hung on to every word.  I think she has found her hero.  And what a good hero she picked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment