Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Aimless Ramblings of the Nearly Insane

It is taking me forever to get caught up.  I'm still not 100%, mainly because of the antibiotics, but I know I'm getting better.  Emotionally, I'm still multi-tasking entirely too much and I need to stop before I completely fall off the deep end.  

It's been a rough few months.  Recent events have forced us to make some hard decisions.  There are fights that, as a family, we just don't want to fight anymore.  I don't want to throw in the towel, but we have been struggling with some things that just aren't worth the effort anymore.  Sorry to be cryptic, I can't go into details right now.  I can say that we have become wrapped up in a legal battle over some real estate that we may or may not win.  For the little we have invested, it's quickly becoming not worth the effort.  Working for an attorney, I don't have to worry about legal fees but the emotional toll is pretty heavy.  I want to focus my efforts and energy on things that matter--God, my family, etc.  After lots of prayer, we have decided that throwing in the towel would actually be a victory, as crazy as it sounds.  

Last week, my beloved Schnauzer became of victim of a hit and run.  Of course, I am devastated (and may cry typing this) but I'm comforted by the fact that 2 of his puppies survive him.  One is a boy, Schnauzer Dad, Chi-Weenie Mom.  He has a Schnauzer face that makes me smile.  The other is still a baby, born on Valentine's Day.  She is half Schnauzer, half Beagle and has her Dad's laid-back personality.  She was going to be an outside dog until we lost Hamlet last week.  My dog-whisperer daughter gave her a bath and we brought her inside.  She immediately cuddled up with my husband and he absolutely fell in love with her.  Having those two have helped with my grief.  It's been a sad week but my head is still above water.

I am so very happy to see the sunshine today.  For a while there, I was afraid we were all going to develop Rickets.  Thankfully, the rain has stopped for a few days.  Hopefully the ground will soak up some of the flooding and the rivers will subside before the next round of rain hits us, supposedly sometime next week.  I'm sure I will be begging for rain this summer when we are in the middle of a dry spell but right now, I've had enough.  The entire state of Arkansas has had enough.  The interstate is flooded for 6 miles outside of Little Rock!  The amount of water here is unbelievable.  You need flippers to walk through the parking lot.  

On another random note...I want to learn to play the fiddle.  Not the violin, the fiddle.  I'm not sure why the sudden interest.  I am slightly musically inclined--I took 9 years of piano lessons but that was a long time ago.  I'm pretty rusty.  The fiddle is fun.  It's not opera or classical--it's down-home, backwoods, and simple.  My husband thinks I'm crazy.  Frankly, sometimes I'm afraid he's on to something there but I don't tell him that.  So that's that.  I must go reload my caffeine drip.  The Diet Dr. Pepper is empty and that will surely push me over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment