Friday, May 6, 2011

A Free Lunch aka A Very Strange Post

It seems a little odd to blog about lunch but it's 15 minutes until then and it's all I can think about!  The bank next door to us is having a hamburger/hot dog cookout in their parking lot as a benefit for our local Relay for Life.  I convinced our office manager that it would be a good idea for the firm to buy our lunch today.  There's only 2 of us here and it's for a good cause.  Besides, I would have to go to the ATM for lunch money.  It wasn't a hard sell.  Update:  It is now after lunch and it was just as good as I imagined.  Fast, friendly service from my buddies at the bank, and for a cause I support.  Now if I could just stop eating these cookies...

I changed dental floss today and I'm not a happy camper.  Keeping with the odd theme today, let's talk about flossing.  I do think it's appropriate to state that I have not always been a flosser.  I was a "10 minutes before you go to the dentist" kind of flosser so when he asked me if I flossed, I could honestly say "occasionally."  My daughter got some Oral-B Pro-Health For Me Floss Picks in her stocking at Christmas.  Santa was hoping to start good habits with the kids but she was only an occasional user.  A few weeks ago, I took her floss picks from the cabinet and decided that I would do something small to improve myself, like it or not.  So I stuck the bag beside my makeup and hoped that I would remember to use them.  The first morning I had some extra time, I flossed my teeth.  And liked it.  In fact, I liked it more than one should like flossing.  I felt empowered (I told you this was an odd day), like I was taking control of my teeth.  It felt great.  So every morning I have been flossing my teeth before I put on my makeup and yesterday, I ran out of floss picks.  I stopped by my local store and they did not have the Oral-B For Me that I had been using.  I grabbed another brand because I needed something.  I was disappointed when the floss on the picks wasn't thick enough to survive my whole mouth.  My teeth are pretty tightly spaced and I've never had a problem with the Oral-B For Me picks shredding before the job was done.  Needless to say, I will have to go to another town shortly to find my favorite flossers, and until then, my routine will be a little out of sorts and I may be grumpy.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  *Disclaimer:  The opinions are my own.  I haven't received anything from Oral-B in return for this review.  The original flossers came from Santa.*

I still miss my Hamlet :(  He's been gone a week now.  I do get to see a replica of his face in his puppy Bandit and his little Lady has his big brown eyes and temperament.  I don't feel like he's completely gone from my life but I do miss kissing his nose and him staring at me with complete adoration.  He will always be in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment