Sunday, September 25, 2011

Why I'm Not Skinny--The Dessert Edition






I am completely addicted to Pinterest. It's really pretty sad. I can start a sentence with "I saw the neatest thing" and my husband can finish it with "on Pinterest." I pin everything! It if looks like something that is anywhere close to my skill level, I will pin it. If it has instructions, I will pin it. If it looks like it has 1200 calories per serving, I will pin it. My favorite of my boards is named "Why I'm Not Skinny." 

Today I bring you "Why I'm Not Skinny--The Dessert Edition" (because dessert should always come first.



Triple Chocolate Pound Cake

Don't be fooled by the picture. This pound cake doesn't require a pastry chef to create. There are 9 ingredients. 9! I've made casseroles with more ingredients, and I doubt any casserole has tasted this good. It is chocolate heaven.
 



Pumpkin Cake with Cider Caramel Sauce

Proof that a girl cannot live on chocolate alone. She must have pumpkin. Doesn't this look heavenly? Pumpkin is very high in fiber and Vitamin A, and apple cider is made from apples, making this part of a healthy, balanced diet. Hey, it has fruit in it; that counts for something, right?





Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf

I love blueberries. In fact, they are my new favorite fruit. New because I went most of my life hating them. My experience with them came in the form of blueberry "flavored" food, not the real thing. I had no idea what I was missing. The first time we ditched the kids for the weekend, we stayed in a charming bed and breakfast called the 5 Ojo Inn. It's a wonderful place and it's our home away from home when we manage to get away for the weekend. 

Our first time staying there, breakfast started with blueberries and bananas and cream. My husband had to choke back a giggle. See, I'm a polite Southern girl (Southern for sure, polite I have to work on). And as a Southern girl trying to be polite, I would never dream of insulting the cook by not eating what was put in front of me. And my husband was well aware of that. We exchanged little glances and he was choking back that giggle (and I was ready to choke him for it!) and I dug in. And it was good. But I hate blueberries! These tiny, fresh blueberries were heavenly. It was all I could do to refrain from asking for seconds. Until then, I had no idea that artificial blueberry flavoring didn't taste anything like fresh blueberries. I still don't like to eat anything with fake blueberries in it but if it has the real thing, bring it on. Like this bread/cake.






Banoffee Pie

Toffee and bananas. And whipped cream. This requires no further explanation.








Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes


Strawberry=healthy. Enough said.



That's all the yumminess I can handle at once. 


Follow Me on Pinterest

 

No comments:

Post a Comment