Friday, October 28, 2011

Moving Right Along

October has been a pretty good month for me. When I started the month making goals, I wasn't sure what to expect. I like goals, but I've never been very successful at reaching them. In the past, they have been more like targets--really big targets that I usually don't even come close to reaching. This time was different. The support has been wonderful. I like linking up with the groups and knowing that even though our goals are different, we are on the same schedule. I think blogging my progress has been very motivating too. My successes and failures are forever enshrined in internet land, good, bad or ugly. It's scary but it works. 

October 3 in 30 Goals

1. Drink more water--still doing really good with this goal! In the interest of full disclosure, there is a soda on my desk right now--my co-worker brought it to me and I didn't have the heart to tell her I'm cutting back. It's good, but not as good as it was a month ago. 

2. Keep up with laundry--My washer was fixed late last Friday night and was going strong Saturday. By Sunday evening, I was all caught up and soooo thankful that it was done. The kids are finally putting it together that if they will bring me the dirty clothes from their rooms, I will wash them. Apparently that's a novel concept to them. 

3. Sunday morning meals--We had Sausage, Egg and Cheese Quiche for breakfast and Taco Soup for lunch/dinner. Planning ahead really works well.


One Bite At A Time

This week, I did not tackle the paperless kitchen challenge like I thought I was going to do. I just wasn't sufficiently motivated for that. I did manage to cut down my magazine clutter by quite a bit. The challenge was really magazine and book clutter but most of my books are still in boxes. In fact, I know I have a box of magazines somewhere too but I couldn't find them fast. I tackled just what I had in my living room and kitchen, and managed to toss about 30 back issues after pulling out a few recipes and decorating ideas. I will most likely revisit this challenge when I find my box of magazines, if the husband didn't toss them when I wasn't looking.

Next week, I have no idea what my goals should be. It's time to think about November and I'm not ready for that yet. 

How did your week go? Have you made plans for November yet?



3in30 Challenge Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment