Friday, October 21, 2011

You Win Some...

I didn't manage to post or link up with my 3 in 30 or One Bite progress last week :/ It's been a crazy busy week. Maybe I should make a goal next month to actually keep up with my progress reports!  The past 2 weeks, I have been partly successful with my goals:


3 in 30 Challenge

1. Laundry--My goal this month was to not get behind with my laundry. I don't mind doing it if I can keep up but when the Laundry Fairy doesn't visit everyday, I get overwhelmed and ignore it until we run out of underwear. I have to say that I'm doing very well with this challenge and I *love* having a clean laundry room.  Of course, Murphy's Law says that when the routine is going well, something will disrupt it. My something was a broken washer. The agitator broke last weekend and we had to order parts for it. They should arrive today and thanks to my handyman husband, it will be working like new very soon. Unfortunately, I have a pile of laundry waiting for me when it gets fixed. On the bright side, my "one load per day" goal has spoiled me and I can't wait to get back into my routine. 

Just a side note, if you ever need parts to keep an appliance running long past it's life expectancy, I highly recommend PartSelect. Their website allows you to select your appliance by model number, then it gives you a diagram of the parts. You pick out what's broken and order what you need. If you don't know what is broken, they can help with that too. A word of caution, my bank card does not like to let me order from them (I believe they are Canada based). It declined my card several times before I had to verify with the bank that yes, I was indeed ordering washing machine parts from Canada. So if that happens to you, just call the bank and get them to manually authorize the charge (at least that's what works with my bank).

2. Water--Not only am I replacing my afternoon soda with water, I have almost completely cut out soda altogether and kicked my artificial sweetener habit. I am reviewing a book by Beth Aldrich called Real Moms Love To Eat and one of the things she is really adamant about is cutting out artificial sweeteners. Normally I wouldn't give that much thought but this time I did. I switched to 1 cup of coffee every morning (with real sugar) and I can count on one hand the number of sodas I have had in the past 2 weeks--most of them non-diet. 

3.  Sunday Meals--There have been 2 Sundays since I started this challenge and I am 50/50. The first Sunday, I made Blueberry Soup and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins for breakfast, and Beef Stroganoff for lunch. It really did smooth the process. It was a fair amount of extra work but it was worth it. The 2nd Sunday we went out of town so we had cereal for breakfast and a late lunch at a cafe. 


One Bite At A Time

So I had big plans to make some homemade staples...didn't happen. I still have plans but I really want several hours (in a row) of free time to dig in. When that happens, I will let you know how it goes. Until then, I am going to move on to another challenge for next week. It seems senseless to hang on to this one just waiting for a few free hours. Next week, I'm going for "Paperless Kitchen."

How did you do with your goals this week? 


3in30 Challenge



No comments:

Post a Comment