Friday, October 7, 2011

One Bite--Week 2, Task 26

I'm skipping around. Task 2 wasn't something I was ready to jump in just yet. I picked task 26, make staples from scratch. I knew when I started this task that it was going to take me more than one week to be ready to move on, so think of this as a mid-task progress report :) I'm linking up with Sam's Noggin again this week. Feel free to join us over there and say hi or link up your own progress.

Task 26--Make Staples from Scratch

This week was my planning week. I looked over all of the resources in the ebook, and then did more research on my own. One suggestion I found was to not replace all the store-bought stuff in your pantry at once. Start small and replace a few things each month. So that's what I did. I planned what I was going to make from scratch, got my list ready, and over the next week, I will actually make and use homemade taco seasoning mix, chili seasoning, and biscuit/baking mix. Those seemed like the easiest to get started with, and the ones I would be most likely to use and continue using. Some others that I have in mind for the coming months are instant oatmeal packets, fruit leather, chicken and beef broth, and my own version of seasoned salt (no recipe, this one will be by trial and error). 


So even though I didn't really *make* my homemade staples this week, I made plans. That must count for something...at least that's what I'm telling myself!

If you would like to follow along, click here to purchase a copy of One Bite At A Time, by Tsh Oxenreider.


And I thought I would take a picture of the darling old woman that DELETED my entire post by walking across the keyboard a few minutes ago. I had to retype the whole thing while she watched. Now I remember why I usually blog from work!






No comments:

Post a Comment