Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just Breathe

I've had a hard week and it's only Tuesday!  Lord please help me make it through the rest of the week!  

For my first followers, thanks!  It boosted my mood 110% to see that somebody is reading my randomness.  It really does mean a lot to me :)  

One of these days, my blog will include pictures.  Right now, my trusted camera has disappeared.  Long story short, it was in it's bag hanging on a dining chair and then it wasn't.  I'm desperate to buy a new one but rumor has it that my husband and my sort-of daughter are conspiring to get me one for Mother's Day.  So I am forced to be patient.  That's not one of my strengths.

The weather in Arkansas right now is giving me seasonal affective disorder, I'm convinced of it.  The sun pops out occasionally, just long enough to get my hopes up and then disappears again.  Today we have cold rain.  I don't mind rain when it's warm but cold rain just makes me want to curl up and read or, even better, sleep.  This does not give me good feelings about our missing puppies.

We have 6 Beagle-Schnauzer puppies that were born on Valentine's Day.  I really wish I could put up pics because they are adorable.  They are fat and happy and have started following Beagle mom around the yard and through the woods.  Sunday we discovered that 4 of them were missing.  There's no telling how many miles we walked through the pastures and woods (not all ours) calling for them.  They're yappers so I hoped they would answer me.  We looked until dark Sunday night and my husband reassured me that they would be ok for one night.  When we got back to the house, 2 of them were waiting on us.  2 down, 2 more to go.  We looked again yesterday and I convinced my husband to go look around 10PM.  He searched and I cried.  I do not understand my emotions about this though.  The puppies were accidents.  She got pregnant before we could get her fixed.  I haven't really bonded with them because they have to go to new homes.  I can't feed 6 more dogs, we already have 4.  But they are cute and cuddly.  Maybe it's the mother in me that just can't stand to think that they're out there alone and hungry.  The parable of the lost sheep came to mind last night.  I have 4 puppies at home (that I can't keep) but I'm obsessed with finding the 2 lost ones (that I can't keep).  The cold rain lessens the chance that this will have a good outcome.  

Something good did come out of this situation Sunday.  The baby girls and I were wandering aimlessly through the woods yelling for them and trying to follow Beagle mama.  My oldest is 10 and she's very savvy in her outdoor skills so she separated from me and the middle one to follow the dog.  She was within earshot but the woods are thick and couldn't see me.  I told her to go down the ridge to the pipeline road and wait for me.  My husband came up on us and offered to go retrieve Meg from the road.  I'm not the most confident outdoors person either but I was hit with a spark of confidence.  I wanted to go get her.  So I set off down the ridge and got to her.  We walked back to the power line clearing talking and singing and bonding.  She even held my hand.  It was very sweet.  I'm glad we are getting along.  We tend to butt heads sometimes because, as my husband says, we are just alike.  I don't buy into that theory so much but we are similar.  Ok so maybe we are more than similar.  

I have to share my dinner recipe last night.  I didn't cook it but I walked my husband through it via text message.

Grilled Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa

2# boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle Lawry's Hawaiian Marinade
1/2 to 1 whole pineapple, diced
1/2 chopped bell pepper
1 jalapeno pepper, diced (remove seeds for less heat)
1 lime
tortillas

For the salsa (make a few hours ahead)
Mix the pineapple, peppers and juice of 1/2 lime in a bowl and refrigerate.  I usually add about 1/4 cup chopped cilantro but husband forgot that last night.

For the chicken

Marinate in bottle of Lawry's for at least an hour and grill until done.  Slice thinly.  Serve with salsa on a tortilla.  The chopping gets a little tedious but it is well worth it.  This is one of my favorite meals.  The salsa just gives it a fresh taste.

That's all for today.  Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment