Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stupid Mistakes

I am queen of stupid mistakes lately.  Last night, I didn't eat dinner.  That shouldn't be a major issue except that skipping meals is a trigger for my migraines.  Ugh, I woke up at 4:30 a.m. with a well-developed headache and immediately realized what caused it.  My wonderful husband moved quickly and got me an ice pack and a protein shake, just to get something on my stomach.  I hoped that it would be enough "food" to kick the headache but it wasn't.  I sent a text to our office manager and skipped work.  That will hurt tomorrow.  It's payday and I make pretty good money.  My paycheck will be short and I will have work piled on my desk but sometimes you just need to recover.  I managed to sleep until noon, shower, stay awake for about 30 minutes before I crawled back in bed for another few hours.  Another shower and some caffeine managed to kick the headache and I was able to make it to church tonight.  I still feel a little woozy--that post-migraine drunkenness.  Any migraine sufferer can tell you how that feels.  Lesson learned, pay attention to meals.  Unfortunately, they are also triggered by lack of sleep, too much sleep (like today, I will be lucky not to get a rebound headache), and powdered cheese.  As much as I love nacho cheese Doritos, I can only eat a handful.  I don't have that much willpower.  It's probably best that I'm not able to eat them, otherwise they would become a food group for me.

My other epic mistake for this week involves bad accounting.  Suffice to say I'm missing some money that doesn't belong to me.  I suspect that it may have been stolen but I can't really prove that, just a suspicion and I'm not going to accuse anyone.  Repaying it from my own pocket will be painful, but necessary.  God never promised life would be easy, He just said it would be worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment